Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 353: Psalm 73:23

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand." ~Psalm 73:23, NIV

So a lot of times we quote God telling us that He'll always be with us. This verse seems a little backwards then, doesn't it? I will always be with Him? He holds my right hand?

This just reflects God's will that we choose Him. Yes, He'll always be available, but it's up to us to accept His love, His goodness, His grace, His promises. When we do that, we're also accepting that there's nothing in this world to fear, and we're taking a certain measure of control over our destinies by putting it in God's hand.

And when we do that, He leads us by the hand down the path of His plan - which is perfect, and in it is perfect love, which casts out all fear. The choice, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment